DSC Logistics’ latest internship class of 2018 included students from DePaul University, Miami University of Ohio, Northern Illinois University, Northwestern University, Olivet Nazarene University, Purdue University and the University of Tennessee. They worked on a variety of key projects involving data analysis, computer programming, process automation, marketing communications and solution design. Internships began early summer and ended in September, taking place at the company’s corporate offices in Des Plaines, Illinois.
Internship project included:
– Advancing DSC’s business intelligence tools
– Contributing to an intuitive tools for logistics centers
– Developing supply chain packaging processes
– Creating tools to enable proactive account management
– Automating data collection to support sustainability
– Communicating and marketing company news and events
– Analyzing and improving efficiency of hiring practices
The interns, whose college majors included Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Management, and Mathematics and Statistics, were guided by mentors in DSC’s Solutions & Analytics, IT, Engineering, Marketing Communications and Human Resources teams.
DSC’s internship program is an important part of our emphasis on thought leadership and advancing the supply chain discipline. We are a thinking, learning organization.
A big “thank you” to our 2018 interns for their many contributions and accomplishments!